Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Helpful List for Guests

Today my shift was 445-1:15 again. Everything went pretty smoothly. I would just like to create a list of very common shopping issues guests have so that whoever may be reading this can avoid such problems when they visit as guests. I definately do not mind helping guests, I rather enjoy that part of my job but there are a few things that could make things easier for themselves because believe it or not I do not have as much magic as Mickey and Tink - and they are some very busy characters.
1. Almost everything actually has a price on it if you look, and unfortunately as a castmember I have not memorized the price of every merchandise item in the Magic Kingdom.
2. If we have run out of stock for an item, I am not making it up for fun, we actually don't have any and making me go in the back to call other locations or look for one really hard wont change that it still doesnt exist, and unfortunately if it doesnt exist i cannot create it. I am not Santa's Elf :(
3. If you really really really R-E-A-L-L-Y want a very specific item DO NOT wait until the last 5 hours of your vacation to start shopping for it!! If it only exists at Epcot or Downtown Disney I again unfortunately cannot go there and use my personal key to get in and get it for you.
4. I have no say in how much Mickey wants for his ears, food, ponchos or other item in the park. I appreciate your kind feedback but I don't even know how I might get that advice to the person in charge... I'm pretty sure the Main Street area manager won't even know.
5. Sit down restaurants take reservations almost six months in advance...hence why you cannot just walk in and eat when you are ready to. Also if you do not consider a buffet with a waiter to bring you drinks a sit down restaurant you probably don't even want to eat at Magic Kingdom period.
6. Asking what magic we create or how we create the magic ruins the magic, hence our very creative stories to answer your questions... if you like magic (which we are assuming you do since you are at the most magical place on earth) just accept it and have fun.
7. You cannot cut thru the Firehouse during the Electrical Light Parade, you cannot cross the Parade route and you cannot get to Adventureland. The Parade is 20 minutes long. Plan accordingly.
8. The confectionery doesn't have ice cream.
9. I do not carry a pocketfull of pinbacks in my pocket. You can buy 20 of them for $2.
10. For everyones nerves including your own, if you want characters to sign your ear hat have it embroidered FIRST so if it gets messed up they can give you a new hat.
11. The monorail and the train, are not the same thing.
Simple enough right??
  Today I met Princess Taylor, she bought a brand new  belle dress, matching gloves, purse, crown and wand! She was so cute and modeled it all for us. Another cast member taught her some poses and she was so fun. She even signed our own autograph book!

Happy Easter!

1 comment: