Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wednesday 2/23 - I wish i was bilingual

Yesterday went alright. The rotations were long, I only worked in 2 stores, and closing has seemed long everytime I'm there so far. So far I've had 2 or 3 Spanish speaking guests I've had at my register, and I really should have paid attention more in Spanish class in high school! I can't catch too many words... but we eventually figured it out.. money was the easiest because i can just point to the total on the screen, or if they need more I can point to quarters and say Dos! Not the best but it worked! However yesterday I was tasking in the Gallery and the girl working called me over because she couldn't figure out what the guests wanted. They spoke very little English and I had no idea what language they were speaking. Once vinylmations have been opened you cant exchange them because the whole point is that you pick a box from a particular set and you dont know which character you get. If you dont like it you can trade it with other guests. Some stores have a set on display you can trade for or they have a mystery box with numbers and they pick a number and they can trade theirs with the corresponding vinylmation. BUT these guests had the little key chain ones and we dont have those to trade in the gallery just the big ones. So the other girl and i were trying to explain that to people who dont speak english.. ay ay ay.....

These are some of  the big vinymations (3")






These are some of the little vinylmations

No comments:

Post a Comment