Friday, February 25, 2011

1st day of Confectionery

Today i worked my first shift without a trainer in the confectionery. We get to wear these cute yellow skirts and blouses with a big ol marshmellow yellow hat and a white apron. They were way more comfy than the blue & brown plaid skirt I wear for shops. Confect was fun, but since its the only place with a different costume than MSE(main street east) you only rotate thruout the confectionery. So that seemed to make the day go by a little bit slower. However when you work behind the bulk counter, it can get pretty hectic before and after parades & fireworks and that really passes the time. Overall today was pretty good, and I worked with some of the people I particularly like to be with so that was fun!
Everyone is giving me a hard time about still having my "earning my ears" ribbon on. I was using the excuse of having not worked Confect. yet ..... soooo now that I don't have a decent excuse I might have earned my ears!!!
Two funny things that happened: the other day in Uptown I was crouched down on the floor talking to this cute little blonde girl and she had her pin lanyard laid out on the floor and she was telling me all about her pins, when it was time for them to go I said bye to her and as I stood up I noticed her dad had been videotaping her ( which means i was totally in it ((or you could at least hear me)) and that was totally weird!! haha
Today a woman asked me if she could take a picture of me ( real weird) but i said yes bc i figured whats the big deal im just wearing a yellow marshmellow costume! And then she told me they were working on a slide show.... hmmmm now im going to be in someones slide show!! Crazy.

Got off at 12 and home around 1:15 ish The A bus was full when it got to west clock and ppl were sprinting to it. Not many got on but luckily right behind it was an empty A bus. We were all very very happy about it. But it drives me nuts how ppl sprint to the bus when it pulls up (your not really allowed to stand where it stops,, you have to stay in a separate covered area so you dont get run over or something) & ppl who came off later buses from MK were trying to push infront of ppl who had gotten off before them. Its so annoying. Anyways I got on the 2nd bus (and got a seat!) and i was all discouraged about the people of the world and their need to get to seats first and no sense of order. when the guy sitting across from me insisted on giving his seat to a girl standing next to me (they were both in costume, and so both pry worked all day) but i just thought that was the nicest thing! And that CP restored my faith in common decency.
Goodnite!

No comments:

Post a Comment