Monday, February 14, 2011

Pre checkin & Day 2- Day 8 Catch up


Just wanted to catch up on our trip down here & the first week of the CP, since I've been to busy/tired to keep updated more often.

Mom, dad, Mike & i left home around 6am on the 4th. Mom & I drove first and we ate at Panera in Perrysburg OH. the drive was pretty decent for awhile but then it rained for about 9 hours straight, and at some points it was a full-out downpour!! It made the day pretty miserable. Luckily we made it all the way to Valdosta, GA and we all went straight to sleep. We did see some cool places that would be fun to stop at sometime, like the Colonel Sanders Museum haha Since we made it to Valdosta on Friday, we only had a few hours to go on Saturday! Yay! So we stopped at the FL welcome center for a few pics. When we got to the hotel Mike & I took the boat to Downtown Disney to eat at Earl of Sandwich, mom & dad went to Epcot to set up their annual passes. Then we checked in while mom & dad went exploring Mike and I went swimming!
The next morning we went to the Polynesian for breakfast -  mike & I had PINEAPPLE MACADAMIA NUT PANCAKES! delicioussss! Then we took the monorail to MK since it was drizzling all morning there was nobody there! It was pretty empty and we walked on everything. So after we did some big stuff like Space Mtn, big thunder, Haunted Mansion etc.. and headed over to AK to do Expedition Everest before our dinner reservation at Yak & Yeti. Dinner was very good! I had honey chicken and it was definately a good choice.
So skipping passed check in day:
Tuesday (1:30-5:30) I went to my first C&I class and it was really cool. Its at Patterson & I drove myself there & Everything. I just learned im not very creative person! Uh oh! I have had training everyday.

Wednesday was Traditions class and that was really fun we got our first peek at the utilidors under Magic Kingdom.

Thursday (9:30-6)was a class at Disney University called Merchandise Tier 1, we did another tour and had 2 really cool leaders for that.

Friday (My birthday) (8:00-3)I had the Merchantainment class at DU. We got to play on real registers (that obviously are not hooked to the system theyre just for practice) After class I went to dinner with mom & dad at Crystal Palace on Main Street for dinner, it was a delicious buffet and we met pooh, tigger, eyore & piglet! It was really fun & we got to walk around MK at night! We caught a little bit of wishes & The magic, the memories & you show- which was awesome! My roommates also bought me a cake, happy birthday mouse ears & really cool mickey mug AND peanut m & ms! It was so fuN! And they sang to me in English & Spanish!

Saturday (7:15-12:15)I had to be at training @ 715 which was rough after having fun all night on Friday. This class was all walking around MK and learning history & stuff which was super interesting but it was really chilly! We got in to MK before it opened and there was NO ONE on main street. It was so cool!
Sunday (10:00-6:30) was my first day of actually working in the park. I’m still training/earning my ears but it was really fun myself and Arielle took turns using the register and our trainer took us to the different locations we would be working at and we rotated around all day. Its all beginning to make sense and I don’t feel like I will be lost in the utilidor forever! (if I get lost now I’m pretty sure I could eventually find my way out!)
After work we went to the House of Blues in Downtown Disney, and it was pretty fun.. just a DJ but it was pretty cool.

Today Monday the 14th – I have to train again but today in the confectionary (1:30-9:30) I get to learn to make cotton candy! ( I think or maybe that’s Wednesday… I forget)
I was supposed to finish training on Tuesday… but I have class… so I don’t have to work Tuesday now.
Wednesday I have specialty training (11:00-7:30)

Hopefully I will remember to print out my schedule for next week after work today!

In other news Mike has a plane ticket to come here in April!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment