Thursday, February 3, 2011

Roadtrip begins .... TOMORROW!

This is one of the latest emails I have received. Aren't they so exciting?! Anyways here is a quick update:

1. Everything major is packed!!! There is just a few bags left to go in the back seat, mostly things that we dont want to freeze. But we also didn't want to drive around all week with tons of stuff in our car. We'd really be in trouble if something happened to one of our cars this week.

2. Pretty much all I have to do today is clean out the inside of my car, pack a bag for 2 days of driving, a day at the parks & check-in day and pick Mike up from his apartment.

3. Update on my C& I class- I received an email saying the book required for the class is really expensive and hard to find & to hold off on getting the book until they decide what to do.  I just received another email that says the book is available in the Education Office for $13 deducted from your paycheck! $13 for a book?! This is already the best class I've ever taken lol

4. I now have an account created for me that puts me into this Disney education portal. I dont really know what all it can do or what I use it for. So far I can see it has a calendar and lists of students and instructors. I'm assuming its somewhat like our Moodle. Something where you can see  all your info about classes and communicate with ppl in your class. I'm sure I'll be learning more about this in a few days, but its cool to have access to something new!

5. Had a "going away dinner" at Grandma Jackie's last night and it was DELICIOUS, ham dinner with mashed taters, cheesy taters, sweet potatoes, spaghetti squash, corn, beans, applesauce, rolls, 3 kinds of cheesecake, and strawberry shortcake! YUM
My brother Dan came over to have some leftover desert haha and I'm just starting to realize I'm not going to be seeing everyone for a very longgg time eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment